Frequently Asked Questions

Car Insurance FAQ

Q. What are the legal requirements of liability insurance in Illinois?
A. Illinois law requires you to have the minimum coverage for auto insurance:
$25,000 - injury or death of one person in an accident.
$50,000 - injury or death of more than one person in an accident.
​$20,000 - damage to property of another person.

We believe 100% that you need much higher coverage than state minimum. Let's face it, $25,000 doesn't go very far in today's world. 

Q. Should I keep Collision and Comprehensive Deductibles on my older model vehicle?
A. Absolutely! Collision and comprehensive coverage is there to help you fix your vehicle in case of damage. It's not the age of the vehicle, but the value that should determine wether you keep the collision and comprehensive coverage. 
Q. My car is 15 years old and not worth a lot of money. Should I lower my limits of liability insurance on it?
A. We all want to save money on car insurance, and if your car has seen better days, this may seem like an easy way to pinch a few pennies. 
However, liability coverage is not about the value of your car. It's about the damage you can do to other people or their property if you cause an auto accident. So don't cut corners today where it will hurt you tomorrow!
Q.Why do insurance companies use my prior insurance information?
A.Most insurance companies use your prior insurance to determine eligibility and pricing. If you're a safe driver, shouldn't you get a better rate? We think so!
Farmers Insurance offers the Safe Driver Discount. Also, if you've been with your previous car insurance company for a long period of time without lapses, that enables you to get a better price.  

Home Insurance FAQ

Q. What kind of losses are covered by my home policy? What is not?
A. Most covered insurance claims are caused by “sudden and instantaneous events.” For example damage or loss caused by fire, wind, hail, theft or vandalism would typically be covered. Ordinary wear and tear or damages caused by environmental changes such as mold are typically not covered losses.

Q. What is the difference between Flood Insurance and Sewer/ Drain Coverage?
A. Flood insurance is always a separate policy. It's not something that can be added onto your home insurance policy. Flood zones and prices for this insurance are set by FEMA. Prices will not vary among insurance companies for this policy.
Sewer and Sump Pump Failure coverage is an additional endorsement on your home insurance  policy. This is coverage designed to take care of damage when there is an accidental discharge, eruption, overflow, or release of water from any portion of the plumbing system or sump pump. 

Q. What is the difference between rebuilding costs and market/appraisal value?
A. Insurance companies insure your home to rebuilding cost, not market or appraisal value. Rebuilding cost is defined as the amount of money it would take to rebuild the home in the same spot if a total loss were to occur. In the event of a total loss (for example, a fire) you would still have the land. 
Q. What factors determine how much my insurance costs?
A. Claim history, zip code, age of home, risk indicator scoring and rebuilding costs all factor into determining the cost of a home policy. 

Request a Free Insurance Quote From Allen Morgen Now

Full Name